About the Finger Lakes
- Length: 8 miles
- Width: 1 mile
- Maximum Depth: 66 ft
- Average Depth: 38 ft
- Volume: 43 billion gallons
- Conesus Lake supplies water to the residents of Avon and Geneseo, a total population of about 15,000.
- Like Otisco, Hemlock, and Canadice, Conesus is considered one of the minor Finger Lakes.
- The shoreline is mostly residential on the northern end of the lake.
- The shallow depths make it a perfect lake for swimming and fishing in the summer, as well as many activities in the winter. Usually the lake freezes completely, so it is not uncommon to see people ice fishing, riding snowmobiles, or ice skating.