About the Finger Lakes
- Length: 3 miles
- Width: .3 miles
- Maximum Depth: 95 ft
- Average Depth: 55 ft
- Volume: 11.5 billion gallons
- Elevation of 1096 ft - the highest and smallest of the Finger Lakes!
- Canadice Lake has been a water reservoir for the City of Rochester since 1876. Because of this, there is no development permitted along the shoreline. Certain activities on the lake are either banned (such as swimming) or restricted.
- Because the elevation is so high, the water pressure builds naturally so no pumps are needed to transport the water into the city.
- Canadice is a favorite place for nature lovers. The untouched shores and forests are an excellent habitat for bald eagles and other water birds.
- Boats are limited to 17 feet in length and a maximum of 10 horse power engine power, which makes Canadice Lake an ideal spot for canoeing, kayaking, and fishing. However, swimming is not allowed.