Maps & Trip Planning
- Finger Lakes Now
- Visitors Guide
- Finger Lakes Newsletter
- Finger Lakes on TripAdvisor
- Finger Lakes Maps
Trails & Trip Ideas
- Top Things to Do
- Travel Packages & Deals
- Finger Lakes Weather & Webcams
- Finger Lakes Directions
Farm Adventure Trail
Ontario County has some of the best farmland in the state, and our economy has a big stake in agriculture. If you want to experience the bounty and diversity of Finger Lakes farming, here's a great "trail" to get you started.
1. Red Jacket Orchards in Geneva is a third-generation farming operation that grows a variety of stonefruit, from apricots, plums and peaches to apples, pears. Geneva. The farm store is a great place to buy fruit and other local produce, as well as Red Jacket's best-selling fresh-pressed fruit juices. Ask about tours of the juice facility.
2. Everson's Pure Maple Products in Clifton Springs produces maple syrup in a lovely wooded setting. Farm animals on are site, and tours are available. The farm is open for syrup sales year-round.
3. Have you ever gotten up close and personal with an alpaca? Lazy Acre Alpacas in Bloomfield raises these animals for their fiber and sells alpaca clothing at its farm store, along with tours of the pasture to visit with the animals.
4. Jerome's U-Pick in Naples is the place to pick your own table grapes. The vineyards smell great at harvest time.
5. Wohlschlegel's Naples Maple Farm in Naples is open to the public during Maple Weekends in March. Learn how maple trees are tapped and sap is turned into syrup.
6. With engaging programming year-round, Kettle Ridge Farm in Victor offers many different farm experiences for visitors. From Dinner under the Moon to KettleFest, and Maple Weekends to Igloo Brunch, this cutting-edge property is a must-visit.
7. It may only be open 2 months of the year, but they pack in the fall fun during September and October at the Pick'N Patch in Stanley. Get your pumpkins, enjoy a "Hoppy Hour" and jump around on the Barnyard Bouncer.
9. There's u-pick fun for the entire family at The Apple Farm in Victor. Pick from apples as far as the eye can see - don't forget to stop in the shop for cider donuts!
10. Get lost in a sea of sunflowers at Frederick Farms in Clifton Springs! Explore the 40 acres of blooming sunflowers, or by hayride.