Welcome to the press room for the Finger Lakes Visitors Connection, the Ontario County office of tourism.
The Finger Lakes is a diverse area, offering a variety of activities in a region roughly the size of New Jersey. Exploring the area will undoubtedly unleash a variety of story ideas, ranging from outdoor recreation to the slow food movement to Native American history.
In this section you'll find all the press releases, story ideas and other information in relation to the media to showcase the culture of the region, and by doing so you'll soon realize what makes the Finger Lakes such a compelling place for journalists to explore.
If you are a member of the media who is looking to learn more about the region, or is looking for assistance in planning a media visit to the Finger Lakes, e-mail email@example.com or call 877-386-4669.
In the meantime, please read what others have written about Ontario County and the Finger Lakes:
- USA Today: These fire pits are sizzling across the country
- Daily Hive: 37 spooky spots around the world that will get you into the Halloween spirit
- Lonely Planet: ‘Water to Wine’ boozy boat tours are a unique way to discover the Finger Lakes
- VinePair: Killer Boo-quet: 10 American Wineries with Haunted Histories
- Forbes: Flying-Car Landing Pads Are Just One Of The Latest Trends In Luxury Amenities
- TimeOut New York: 21 haunted places in New York state that will scare you silly
- Travel Pulse: Adults Only Halloween Getaways
- Men's Journal: 16 Awesome Family Trips You’ll Actually Want to Take This Fall
- Brit + Co: One-Stop-Shop Hotels That Basically Plan Your Wedding for You
- Travel + Leisure: A New York State of Wine
- Gay City News: Fall Perfection in Upstate’s Finger Lakes
- Conde Nast Traveler: 10 Beautiful Spots to See Fall Foliage in New York State This Year
- Family Vacation Critic: 11 Fairytale Castles That Are Closer Than You Think
- New York Post: The Unexpected Allure of Upstate New York
- Brides: The Best U.S. Wine Regions Beyond Napa Valley
- Daily Hive: 10 US ski resorts offering Canadian dollar deals this winter
- Smarter Travel: 10 Incredible Vineyard Hotels Perfect for Wine Lovers
- Fathom: A Sommelier's Guide to the Best Wine Region You’ve Never Heard Of
- Shape: Valentine's Day Getaways Active Couples Will Love
- Going on Faith: Get Cooking
- Medium: Fall Getaways: 3 Weekend Escapes for Wine Lovers
- October: America’s Most Beautiful Beer Trails
- Epoch Times: Cow Cuddling and Horse Therapy: New York Farm Focuses on Wellness ‘in the company of horses’
- Escape: Escape from New York and Stay in Castles and Manor Houses
- Leisure Group Travel: Finger Lakes Wine Trails
- Travel Pulse: Hotels Are Catering to Independent Travelers
- WSTM: Your Town Geneva
- SheKnows: From Goat Yoga to Vinotherapy — Some of the Strangest Wellness Fads of 2018
- Departures: 10 Monasteries Transformed Into Luxe Hotels
- Men's Journal: Why Every Adventurer Should Head to the Finger Lakes This Summer
- SevenFiftyDaily: The Bottle That Changed My Life
- Bring Your Date Lakeside to the Finger Lakes in Ontario County, New York
- Bridal Pulse: These Real Life Castles Make It Possible To Have Your Own Royal Wedding
- Lake & Summer Style: So Many Wines, So Little Time
- Culture Trip: Most Beautiful Gardens Around the World
- Condé Nast Traveler: The Fresh Allure of New York's Finger Lakes
- PGN: Finger Lakes: On the Road
- New York Upstate: Upstate New York's best burger 2017: And the winners are...
- Democrat and Chronicle: "Ten Terrific Finger Lakes Staycations"
- Ultimate Wedding: Wedding Rehearsal Venues for Wine Lovers
- Democrat and Chronicle: 9 Budget-Friendly Father's Day trips to take with Dad
- New York Times: 36 Hours in the Finger Lakes Region of New York
- U.S. News & World Report: 9 Cooking Vacations to Take This Summer
- Jetsetera: The Most Instagramable Gardens in the World