Must Do For Groups In The Finger Lakes
The Finger Lakes love groups and groups love the Finger Lakes! With picturesque landscapes, award-winning wineries, stunning architecture, and nationally significant history, it is not surprising that the Finger Lakes are such a popular group destination. This curated list of group-friendly experiences will help you mix traditional and unique for a perfect tour experience.
Plan on at least 2 hours or more for these awesome experiences at:
- Ganondagan State Historic Site and the Seneca Art and Culture Center – Multi-media exhibits tell the story of Iroquois contributions to art, culture, and society, past and present.
- New York Kitchen – Explore the best of New York State’s food, agriculture and craft beverages with hands-on cooking classes, demonstrations, special events, and dining.
- Canandaigua Lady - Taste the lakeside life with a dinner cruise on Canandaigua Lake.
- Sonnenberg Gardens and Mansion State Historic Park – Stroll through the stately gardens and Victorian mansion.
- Granger Homestead and Carriage Museum – Marvel at the 100+ carriage collection.
- Finger Lakes Gaming and Racetrack – Make your group tour a winner with gaming, racing, and dining all in one location.
- Bristol Valley Theater or Smith Opera House – Enjoy amazing live world-class performances.
- Belhurst – Enjoy a delicious meal and tour of the 100+ year old castle.
- Fall foliage sky ride at Bristol Mountain – Sit back and soak in the colors of the Bristol Hills.
- Hill Cumorah Visitors Center – Learn about the fascinating history of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter- day Saints in the Finger Lakes.
- Plein Air Painting – Painting in the great outdoors is a fun way to create personal memories of the Finger Lakes experience.
At least an hour or could be a little less at these other experiences:
- Red Jacket Orchards – Take a juice processing tour followed by a visit to the farm market store for tastings and shopping.
- Lazy Acre Alpaca’s - Kiss the alpacas and take home some new warm socks.
- Wet your whistle tasting at these cool wineries and breweries, with some also offering tours: Arbor Hill Grapery, Brew & Brats, Inspire Moore, Naked Dove Brewery, Belhurst Winery, White Springs, Finger Lakes Wine Center at Sonnenberg, and Heron Hill.
- Sweet Expressions Chocolate Galore & F. Oliver's Vinegars & Oils – Locally owned and operated shops that are great for tastings and gifts to bring home.
- Wizard of Clay – Watch the Wizard, Jamie, create functional and beautiful pottery and shop in the store for unique ornaments, vases, mugs and more.
- Antique Wireless Museum – Old meets new in this collection of communication devices.
- Joseph’s Wayside Market – Sample a homemade grape dessert bar at Joseph’s, specializing in locally made gourmet groceries.
- Rose Hill Mansion – Experience a taste of 19th century life and become a drain tile expert!
- Canandaigua City Pier – Stroll by the historic boathouses for a remarkable picture opportunity.
- Wegmans Market Café - Delightful dining and shopping at this family-owned supermarket chain founded in 1916.
- Hiking – Both easy and challenging hiking trails are to be found just about everywhere!
For the adventurous create an adrenaline-filled tour!
- Bristol Mountain – Spend a day at this winter wonderland with an over 1,200 foot vertical for skiing, riding, and snowshoeing
- Bristol Mountain Aerial Adventure Park and Zip Line – This combination of 7+ courses, 125 elements and over 5,000 feet of zip lines is great for team-building.
- Roseland Waterpark and Wake Park – Have a wet and wild time riding the ramps and rails. A perfect stop for family groups.