This “Classic FLX” itinerary offers a great mix of hidden gems, locals’ favorites,...
Finger Lakes Foodie Tour
If tasting your way through a destination is your kind of adventure then Ontario County is your dream culinary paradise. Our regional ingredients are ridiculously fresh and lovingly cultivated by producers who are passionate about what they do. Local chefs create masterpieces with seasonal bounty that pair perfectly with fine wines, innovative beers and ciders and smooth spirits crafted here in the Finger Lakes.
Your group can take a cooking class at the New York Kitchen, learn about and purchase Iroquois White Corn at Ganondagan State Historic Site and indulge in everything chocolate at Sweet Expressions. Seasonal offerings include maple tastings at the Cumming Nature Center and blueberry picking at Embers Rising Farm. A visit to Joseph's Wayside Market or the year-round Canandaigua Farmer’s Market are perfect opportunities to buy some the Finger Lakes freshest fruits and vegetables as well as juices and jams to bring home. And what would a visit to the Finger Lakes be without wine? A winery, brewery, distillery and/or cidery tour is a must to round out your culinary experience.
Foodie Tour Highlights
- New York Kitchen cooking classes, tastings & restaurant
- Ganondagan State Historic Site - Iroquois Culture & White Corn
- Sweet Expressions Chocolates & downtown Canandaigua shopping
- Farmer’s Markets & U-picks
- Maple Syrup Tasting
- Grape Pie – a must taste
- Lunch or dinner at an award-winning winery restaurant
- Caffeine stop - brewed (Finger Lakes Coffee Roasters) coffee and espresso drinks made with freshly craft roasted beans at one of several locally owned coffee shops
- Stop in the artsy and scenic Village of Naples and grab a slice of their famous grape pie!
Autumn is one of the most beautiful, vibrant times of the year in the Finger Lakes. The days are...
Tasty Finger Lakes “Signatures” – Straight up and with a twist.
Native American or women’s history? Architecture or Victorian Gardens? This tour offers...
Any day in the Finger Lakes is a great day for outdoor recreation. Ontario County is a diverse...
The Finger Lakes is well known for our wide open spaces, inspiring landscapes, and connectivity to...
The Finger Lakes is the place meant to be the basis of an educational tour for youth.