Visitor Profiles, Visitation, Economic Impact
The Ontario County tourism industry collectively supports 4,829 (and growing) full-time jobs, and generates $207 million in traveler spending annually. And there is more. Tourism provides many, many part-time jobs and entrepreneurial business opportunities from grape-pie making, to Uber-driving, to tasting guides at wineries and breweries – some of our fastest growing businesses.
Sales tax revenue, jobs and wage growth are important and significant benefits of a thriving tourism economy, but perhaps what is most impressive is that every Ontario County resident’s quality of life is elevated by the many fantastic things we have to do, see, taste, play in, listen to, relax alongside, hike in, and ski down, in our own backyard.
Tourism Research Data
The Finger Lakes Visitors Connection is the official Tourism Promotion Agency for Ontario County.
Finger Lakes Region:
- 2019 Finger Lakes - 2018 Calendar Year
- 2018 Finger Lakes - 2017 Calendar Year
- 2017 Finger Lakes - 2016 Calendar Year
- 2016 Finger Lakes - 2015 Calendar Year
- 2015 Finger Lakes - 2014 Calendar Year
- 2014 Finger Lakes - 2013 Calendar Year
- 2013 Finger Lakes - 2012 Calendar Year
- 2012 Finger Lakes - 2011 Calendar Year
- 2011 Finger Lakes - 2010 Calendar Year