If tasting your way through a destination is your kind of adventure then Ontario County is your...
This “Classic FLX” itinerary offers a great mix of hidden gems, locals’ favorites, well-known attractions and hands-on experiences that provide a taste of some of the very best the Finger Lakes has to offer.
Make sure to include “Main Street America,” Canandaigua’s vibrant downtown with charming architecture, independent boutiques, art galleries, cafes and gift shops. Grab a sweet treat at Sweet Expressions or satisfy your caffeine craving at the Dalai Java. Head to the lake for a cruise on the Canandaigua Lady and enjoy the views and the lake life. It’s a trifecta of classics when you come off the lake and stop for a winetasting or craft brew or a cocktail at the New York Kitchen to preview the wineries and craft beverage producers you can include in your FLX Classic tour.
Get lots of benefits from a visit to Sonnenberg Gardens and Mansion State Historic Site. Take a tour, ride the trolley through the gardens or create your own masterpiece with a plein air painting class. Nearby is Granger Homestead, home to Gideon Granger, postmaster general under Thomas Jefferson. If your tour is in the winter, take in the Christkindl Market and Granger’s Festival of Trees.
There’s always more history and more architecture. You choose how deep you want to go. Step back in time to the 1800s and learn about the rich culture of our area with visits to the Prouty-Chew House and Rose Hill Mansion, both in Geneva. While you are in Geneva be sure make a stop at Finger Lakes Goods for a great selection of unique and locally made items to remind you of your CLASSIC FLX tour.
Classic FLX highlights
- Downtown Canandaigua shopping
- Canandaigua Lady cruise
- New York Kitchen
- Finger Lakes wineries, distilleries and craft beer producers
- Wizard of Clay Pottery
- Sonnenberg Gardens and Mansion State Historic Park (ask about a mystery dinner or horticultural class)
- Granger Homestead and Carriage Museum
- Prouty-Chew House and Museum
- Rose Hill Mansion
- Finger Lakes Goods and shopping in downtown Geneva
- Afternoon at Corning Museum of Glass, the world’s most comprehensive collection of glass or George Eastman House for a history of photography, invented in nearby Rochester.
- Evening at Finger Lakes Gaming and Racetrack, boasting 1100 video gaming machines and live thoroughbred horse racing mid-April to early December.
- Seasonal highlight? Christkindl Market and Festival of Trees at Granger Homestead.
Autumn is one of the most beautiful, vibrant times of the year in the Finger Lakes. The days are...
Tasty Finger Lakes “Signatures” – Straight up and with a twist.
Native American or women’s history? Architecture or Victorian Gardens? This tour offers...
Any day in the Finger Lakes is a great day for outdoor recreation. Ontario County is a diverse...
The Finger Lakes is well known for our wide open spaces, inspiring landscapes, and connectivity to...
The Finger Lakes is the place meant to be the basis of an educational tour for youth.