CANANDAIGUA, NY --- The Ontario County Tourism Legacy Awards, hosted by the Finger Lakes Visitors Connection, honors the individuals and organizations in Ontario County that have made significant contributions, demonstrated marketing or service excellence or developed outstanding products for our tourism industry. More than 100 individuals and businesses have been honored since 1993.
FLVC is now seeking nominations for the 2016 Legacy Awards. The categories for this year’s awards are as follows:
- Frontliner: An individual or organization that goes above the fold when dealing directly with the public to ensure the best visitor experience possible.
- Visionary: An individual whose foresight and leadership create a successful tourism experience or tourism industry venture in Ontario County.
- Lifetime Achievement: An individual who has a long and remarkable history of contributing to the growth, promotion and success of tourism in Ontario County.
- Rookie of the Year: An individual or organization that has created a successful tourism experience or tourism industry venture in Ontario County since 2014.
- Hospitality Excellence: A lodging/food/beverage establishment or associated individual that offers exemplary service and hospitality to guests and/or partners in the tourism industry.
- Marketing Excellence: An individual or team that does an outstanding job in marketing their Ontario County business or organization to their travel audience, or that markets Ontario County as a whole as a premier tourism destination.
- Community Partnership: An individual or organization that embodies an outstanding spirit of collaboration with one or more partners in Ontario County’s tourism industry.
- Tourism Ambassador: An employee or volunteer or an organization that passionately promotes Ontario County as a premier destination in the Finger Lakes and New York State.
- Destination Leader: An organization or business that demonstrates the ability to be ahead of the curve in expanding or creating new tourism attractions, destinations or resources.
- Other: We reserve the right to create a special category for nominations that don’t necessarily fit the previous nine categories but deserve recognition.
To submit a nomination, write a short summary (no more than 200 words, please) of why your nominee should receive a Legacy Award. You may also nominate yourself or your own business or organization. Be sure to include the nomination category and the nominee’s full name and the business or organization he/she is associated with. Also include your name, organization or business, and daytime telephone number and email in case we need to contact you for additional information. Email your nominations to Karen@visitfingerlakes.com with Legacy Awards in the subject line. Nominations can also be submitted by mail to Legacy Awards, c/o Finger Lakes Visitors Connection, 25 Gorham St., Canandaigua, NY 14424.
All nominations must be received by March 25.
The 2016 Legacy Awards will take place during National Tourism Week, May 1-7. FLVC will announce the exact date and location soon.
The Finger Lakes Visitors Connection is the official tourism promotion agency for Ontario County, located at 25 Gorham St., Canandaigua, NY 14424. For more information, call (585) 394-3915 or go to www.visitfingerlakes.com.
For more information please contact:
(585) 394-3915 office/(585) 507-7885 cell