Brr… that’s right - it’s that time of year when you find every way possible to keep warm. As Nat King Cole puts it “Baby it’s cold outside.” So kick back and relax while enjoying your favorite glass of a warm Finger Lakes something. Maybe it’s a cup coffee from Finger Lakes Coffee Roasters or mulled wine from White Springs Winery.
Here are some more of my favorite Finger Lakes “goods” and tips to keep warm this winter!
1. Can’t go wrong with a cup of Coffee from Finger Lakes Coffee Roasters or the Dalai Java. Both brewed to perfection, and each will keep you warm and fueled up for the day!
2. Beer? Yes I know it’s cold but there’s nothing better than enjoying a beer and local sausage out at the one and only Brew and Brats in South Bristol. On the weekends, warm up by the fire and enjoy your favorite local craft beer. A personal favorite is the Turtle Crawl Porter because a dark beer goes perfect on a cold winter day. If you’re hungry, grab a German brat – I heard they pair nicely – and they are locally made in Canandaigua at Hartmann’s Old World Sausage!
3. Cold weather means baking. And, yes, my baking skills are sub-par (it’s a work in progress, but we will get to that another time!) When it comes to easy baking, I just go to Monica’s Pies in Naples and grab a chicken pot pie. Throw it in the oven, and about an hour later a masterpiece is ready to be served. Compliments certainly go out to the chef, Monica, that is!
4. Woodstead’s Hot Anything & Everything Sauce - well just the name alone makes you feel warm. Oh, and it tastes great as well! Locally made and sold, this hot sauce takes condiments to a whole new level. Pick some up at several local retailers including Red Jacket Orchards and Sweet Expressions.
5. I can’t leave off the amazing alpaca clothing from our local alpaca farms. If you haven’t had the chance to pet an alpaca or fashion some alpaca socks or scarfs, then you are missing out. Alpaca wool is some of the warmest winter gear around and is perfect to keep you warm from the elements. Head to Lazy Acre Alpacas, and meet Carhatt – possibly the friendliest Alpaca in the Finger Lakes that I have ever met! I heard he gives kisses as well!
6. Saved the best for last, want to start your Christmas shopping early? Grab yourself a bottle of Mull it Over from White Springs Winery. All you need is a crock pot, the wine and time. Once you have all the right tools for the job, begin to let it simmer away! Your house will be filled with a wonderful Finger Lakes wine aroma – a great way to kick off the holiday season.
The Finger Lakes is a great place to experience winter and we have all the right “goods” to keep you warm and coming back for more! All these Finger Lakes products are a one-of-a-kind and hand-crafted – plus they do a great job of keeping me warm during the winter months!
Post below in the comment section, we’d love to hear how you keep warm during the winter in the Finger Lakes!